What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect various types of personal information to provide you with the Services, as follows:
- Contact and Request Information: We collect personal information that allows us to be in contact with you (such as name, email address, phone number) and other personal information that you voluntarily provide to us.
- Account Information: If you create an account on one of our Services, we collect your first name, last name, company, address, telephone number, email address, user identifier and password. We also collect information about your usage of our Services in association with your account, namely, your account preferences, which features of the Services you use and for how long, and any requests or orders made via your account.
- Mobile Information: When you use our mobile applications, we collect your device’s unique identifier and other technical information about your device and mobile application usage, namely, your device type, browser type, and your interactions on our mobile application.
- Public Information about You: If you have identified yourself to us as a user of our Services and expressed interest in our products or services, we may collect personal information about you from publicly available sources, namely, your company, contact information, preferences and demographic information. These publicly available sources include public profiles on company websites and professional networking.
- We may also provide public bulletin boards or forums on our Services. Please note that any personal information you post via these bulletin boards or forums may be accessible to the public.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to provide and optimize our products and services. In particular, we use:
- Contact and Request Information to respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide you with any product documentation or whitepapers you request. As permitted by applicable law, including with your consent where required, we may use your contact information to provide you with marketing communications, promotional offers and updates on new services and benefits.
- Account Information to manage your account, communicate with you in relation to your account, personalize our Services for you, provide you with customer service, product updates and warranty information, and monitor the performance of our Services.
- Website Information and Mobile Information to monitor the performance of our websites and mobile applications, analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our websites and mobile applications, and ensure their technological compatibility with users. We also use website information for re-targeting and advertising purposes where permitted by applicable law.
- Public Information about you in connection with other personal information we may have about you to personalize our Services for you and identify products and services that we believe may be of interest to you or your business.
We also use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal and contractual obligations and to protect our legal interests, such as in the event of a complaint or dispute.
What Personal Information Do We Disclose?
SkillUp will not disclose your personal data to third parties, except in the following circumstances and in accordance with applicable laws:
- With your consent.
- To SkillUp’s service providers, who act on SkillUp’s behalf and instructions to fulfill product orders, deliver services, provide IT support and security services, and fulfill the other purposes set forth above.
- To courts and public authorities to protect you, SkillUp or third parties from harm, including fraud or instances where somebody’s physical safety is at risk.
Service providers acting on SkillUp’s behalf shall be obliged to adhere to confidentiality requirements no less protective than those set forth herein and will only receive access to your personal data as necessary to perform their functions.
We also perform statistical analyses of the users of our Services to improve the content, design and navigation of the Services and our other products and services. In these cases, we use aggregate or statistical data that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
SkillUp and our partners (e.g., marketing partners, analytics, advertising, or service providers) use various tracking technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts to analyze trends on our Services, administer our Services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis. For more information, please see our Cookies Policy. Our website currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals from browsers.
We rely on a third party services provider to either display advertising on our websites or to manage our advertising on other sites. This services provider may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on our websites and other sites in order to provide you with advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here).
Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Protection of Personal Information
SkillUp takes reasonable and appropriate precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up-to-date by contacting us using the information below. For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if SkillUp is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We will respond to your request within 30 days or sooner where required by law. As permitted by applicable law, we may decline to process requests where the data is required to be retained by law, required for legitimate business purposes, or jeopardizes the privacy of others.
We value your opinions. If you have any general questions or comments for SkillUp, please contact us at: +352 661 101 603
Or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org